1958 AC ACECA COUPE
- In 1953, AC cars introduced their Ace roadster, which was followed shortly thereafter by a closed variant, the Aceca. Featuring the same lightweight chassis and hand-crafted aluminum bodywork, the cars were powered by ACs venerable 2.0 liter inline-6. Thanks to their excellent road holding, light weight, and near perfect 50/50 weight distribution, the cars were quite successful in period competition. With only 151 AC powered Acecas, they are also quite rare.
This particular car is a matching-numbers, right hand drive example that left the factory on April 23, 1958. The car has seen a high quality restoration by Morgan West of Santa Monica including new upholstery, carpets, paint, chrome, refinished wood, re-cored radiator, rebuilt carburetors, new push start, new battery, and new fuel pump and is in excellent order throughout. The engine compartment is extremely clean and nicely detailed with polished valve cover, purposeful exhaust heaters, and triple carburetors.
Acecas are increasingly sought after as vintage tour cars and are prized for their combination of spirited performance and great looks. This is a rare opportunity to acquire a beautifully- restored Aceca that has been prepared and maintained regardless of cost.